Spišský Hrad has one of the largest ensembles of 13th and 14th century military, political and religious buildings in eastern Europe, and its Romanesque and Gothic architecture has remained remarkably intact.
The extended site features the addition of the historic town-centre of Levoca founded in the 13th and 14th centuries within fortifications. Most of the site has been preserved and it includes the 14th century church of St James with its ten alters of the 15th and 16th centuries, a remarkable collection of polychrome works in the Late Gothic style, including an 18.6 metre high alterpiece by completed around 1510 by Master Paul.
From our members:
enjean visited from 9/1/2014 to 9/3/2014.
smittytabb visited from 7/3/2011 to 7/3/2011.
joneshuijs visited from 7/15/2009 to 7/15/2009.
JoStof visited from 7/8/2009 to 7/8/2009.
nitorch visited from 10/8/2008 to .
otaniemi visited from 6/27/2008 to 6/28/2008.