Built between 1482 and 1533, this group of buildings was originally used for trading in silk (hence its name, the Silk Exchange) and it has always been a centre for commerce. It is a masterpiece of late Gothic architecture. The grandiose Sala de Contratación (Contract or Trading Hall), in particular, illustrates the power and wealth of a major Mediterranean mercantile city in the 15th and 16th centuries.
smittytabb visited from 3/31/2016 to 3/31/2016.
joneshuijs visited from 10/30/2014 to 10/30/2014.
serghei.belous visited from 5/5/2013 to 5/5/2013.